Please note, all cruises have been suspended from 24th March until 30th June 2020. Please see our latest travel advice for more information.
This cruise takes you north on the great Murray River from the historic river port of Mannum to Blanchetown. Follow in the wake of great Australian pioneers on a 4 night cruise along the outback river highway. Experience the magic and majesty of the spectacular scenery from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Along the way, you’ll see a great variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroos and many of the 350 bird species that inhabit the riverlands. Highlights include a visit to a vineyard and wine tasting at a cellar door, visit a typical Australian farm, woolshed and wildlife shelter, enjoy an Aussie barbecue beside the river and visit an aboriginal archaeological site.
About The Cruise
While on the 4 Night Outback Heritage Cruise, you'll have the opportunity to...
- Depart historic Mannum
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Take a walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (Gold coin donation at entry)
- See the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show & go to the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional - extra cost)
- NEW Dark Sky Night Tour in one of the world’s most pristine areas of night sky (optional - extra cost)
- Enjoy a Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional - extra cost)
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride
- Optional Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour at conclusion of cruise (additional cost)
While on board, you'll enjoy...
- Relaxing in one of the two lounges, with spectacular scenery views
- Hanging out on the Sun Deck at the top of the vessel
- Buffet breakfasts each morning
- Delicious buffet and a la carte lunches
- Dining each evening with fellow passengers
- The Captain's Dinner and Dance