Friday 22 December 2023
Monday 23 December 2024
Celebrate Christmas on board the Murray Princess on what will be a very special 7 night Special Event Christmas Cruise.
Discover the dramatic South Australian outback on a cruise along Australia’s great inland highway. This seven-night cruise is a unique historic and nature-based adventure through ancient gorges and red gum forests, past towering sandstone cliffs and exploring historic ports, local vineyards, and nature trails. Enjoy leisurely cruising 320 kilometres of the heart of the great Murray River between Blanchetown and Murray Bridge and take in the breath-taking Riverland.
Christmas Cruise Highlights:
- Explore the township of Murray Bridge or take a self-guided tour of the historic Roundhouse
- Optional Monarto Safari Park Wildlife Tour on Saturday departing Murray Bridge (optional - extra cost)
- Riverland food & wine tasting (A tasting of 2 Reds & 2 White wines & local produce)
- Guided nature walk at Salt Bush Flat
- Traditional South Australian Christmas Lunch & a visit by Santa on Christmas Day
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry)
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show and go to the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional - extra cost)
- Optional Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional - extra cost)
- Big Bend towering sandstone cliffs
- Explore Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride
- Christmas themed activities, festivities & carols
This is a Special Event Cruise Itinerary and is subject to change without notice.