Sample Highlights - subject to change
- Christmas festivities, carols and a traditional Christmas Dinner
- Historic Mannum
- Nocturnal floodlight cruise
- Murray Bridge
- Guided nature walk
- Big river gorges & towering sandstone cliffs
- Riverland food & wine tasting
- Backwater wildlife tour
- Captains Dinner and dance
- Optional Barossa Valley Tour
Christmas in July celebrations first began in 1933 in North Carolina where it became an annual event for a summer camp. Australia has a thriving multi-cultural society and in South Australia many townships such as German Handorf have strong Winter Christmas traditions. Murray Princess brings the best of our Northern Hemisphere winter culture to the Murray River for a 3-Night Christmas in July cruise.
- Nature based adventure with expert local guides
- Cruise aboard an authentic working paddlewheeler
- Two lounges with spectacular two-story windows
- Choice of 3 accommodation levels
- Australian crew with a wealth of local knowledge
- Fantastic value Solo Sailor fares for single travellers
- The PS Murray Princess is a true inland paddlewheeler built for the Murray River. Catering to just 120 passengers, she brings the unique advantages of small ship cruising to the remarkable setting of Australia’s outback.
- Dining aboard Murray Princess includes delicious table d'hote menus, Captain's Dinner & buffet dining. Breakfasts are buffet. Download Sample Menus. Special Diet? Most dietary requirements can be catered for with advance notice.
Coach Transfers from Adelaide
- Complimentary Coach Transfers depart Adelaide every Friday & Monday 1.30pm Adelaide Central Bus Station (85 Franklin Street), 1.45pm Stamford Plaza Adelaide (150 North Terrace) & 2.00pm Mercure Grosvenor Hotel Adelaide (125 North Terrace). Return Friday & Monday 12.00noon-12.30pm.
Parking in Mannum
- Complimentary car parking is available at Mannum subject to availability – bookings essential.
What is not included
- Cruise fares exclude drinks, optional tours & services
- An optional Barossa Valley tour is available at the conclusion of your cruise, departing Mannum approx 9.30am and returning to Adelaide 5.30pm
- We offer a choice of two hotels in Adelaide for pre and post cruise accommodation
- Mercure Grosvenor and Stamford Plaza
- We recommend Adelaide Sightseeing for additional touring options during your stay in Adelaide
- This cruise can be easily combined with Kangaroo Island