There is no greater Australian adventure than cruising the mighty Murray River aboard your own private cruise ship. PS Murray Princess is superb small-ship catering for no more than 120 passengers, ensuring every guest personal attention.
Cruise for 3, 4 or 7 nights from Mannum, 90 minutes from Adelaide and let us bring your guests closer to the world we travel. During quieter months shorter duration private charters may be possible.
Chart your own course
When you exclusively charter Murray Princess you can choose your own course or select from our popular charter itineraries cruising upstream to Burk Salter Station and downstream as far as Murray Bridge (subject to river conditions)
Shoreside and Shipboard Activities
- Guided eco walks into spectacular Murray River wetlands, guided boat tours into Murray River backwaters and guided walks to see the flora and fauna of the region
- Sunnydale Australian bush BBQ and native animal shelter. The thatched bush hut which has rustic tables and chairs, bar and Aussie style corrugated stage for country band provides a great setting to hold a traditional Aussie BBQ with campfire. Camp ovens. BBQ’s and mallee root fires all set the scene. A local identity provides tours to the native animal shelter and shearing shed show with a twist. Nocturnal tours are also available at this mooring spot.
- Burk Salter Station provides an opportunity to visit the local winery for cellar door tastings and guided tour of the vineyard.
- Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park is filled with the history of the indigenous people who originally settled along the Murray. Take a guided tour and learn about how these original inhabitants of Australia survived in the harsh outback. A gallery of rock paintings is available for viewing.
- Barossa Valley is only a short drive from the ship and conference organisers are encouraged to incorporate this destination into their Murray Princess itinerary. Numerous well known wineries are ‘housed’ in the Barossa such as Wolf Blass, Peter Lehmann and Yalumba. Most wineries provide luncheons from 3 course a la carte to regional food platters. Hot air ballooning, golf and Grange wine tastings are just some of the activities the Barossa offers.
- Regional food tastings, early morning photography sessions, guided bird watching, a Mannum Heritage tour or a tour of one of the Murray River’s original Steam paddlewheelers the ‘PS Marion’ are just some of the activities available. Themed nights such as Country and Western, Pirates, Gourmet food and wine and Australiana are just some of the ideas for conferences. Onshore cocktail parties with classical ensemble and champagne and bush ‘tucker’ breakfasts are just some of the possibilities available to conference organisers.
There are three levels of accommodation. The most popular are Outside Cabins that open directly onto the outside deck with twin beds. A limited number of spacious Staterooms (opening onto the outside deck) and Inside Cabins (opening to an inside passageway) are also available. Most rooms have twin beds.
Four passenger decks, sundeck, two lounges, cocktail bar, dining saloon, library, DVD, gift shop, lift, guest laundry and tender boat.
- The Sturt Dining Salon converts to our onboard conference room between meals and seats up to 120 delegates either theatre or banquet style with 6 tables of 12 and 4 tables of 10. The room also has a stage, dance floor, large screen TV, DVD, whiteboard, microphone, screen and tea and coffee making facilities.
- The Paddlewheel Lounge offers relaxed lounge area seating approximately 40 delegates at round tables. The lounge is split over two levels, connected by a spiral staircase. There are 4 round tables on each level and is ideal for break-out sessions and display. TV, DVD, bar and/or registration desk.
Scenic coach transfers to Mannum depart selected Adelaide city hotels from 1.30pm and return to Adelaide from Mannum at 11am or return to the Adelaide Airport. Complimentary car parking is available at Mannum (reservations essential). Adelaide airport is a short taxi or bus ride to Adelaide city. Transfers are not included in the Charter Fee – prices on application.
Included in standard Charter Fees
• All meals (table d’hote and a la carte menus) • Live entertainment as per itinerary • An exciting selection of onshore tours • Guided nature walks & eco-excursions • Onboard presentations • Car parking facilities available free of charge to a limited number of cars.
Standard Charter Fees are based on scheduled cruise itineraries operating at the time of operation subject to weather and river conditions.
All charters are subject to a Private Charter Terms and Conditions Agreement - a copy of which is available on request.