Depart Friday 31st January 2020
Cruise on board the Murray Princess on what will be a very special 7 night cruise from Renmark to Mannum. Discover the remarkable setting of Australia’s outback as you take this unique journey on board the majestic “Princess”. The cruise will take in over 420kms of the Murray River, passing through five locks and will follow in the wake of the great 19th Century pioneers.
About The Cruise
These are the places we will visit ..
|Renmark to Mannum Sample Itinerary|
|Friday||Renmark via Lock 5 to Pike River|
|Saturday||Pike River to Katarapko Creek via Lock 4 and Loxton|
|Sunday||Katarapko Creek to Overland Corner via Kingston-on-Murray & Lock 3|
|Monday||Overland Corner to Old Distillery (366k) via Waikerie|
|Tuesday||Old Distillery (366k) to Donald Flat Lagoon via Lock 2, Caudo Vineyard & Morgan|
|Wednesday||Donald Flat Lagoon to Sunnydale via Lock 1 & Swan Reach|
|Thursday||Sunnydale to River View Lodge (near Piggy Flat/Coolcha) via Ngaut Ngaut|
|Friday||River View Lodge (near Piggy Flat/Coolcha) to Mannum|
The 7 Night Renmark to Mannum Special Event Cruise includes:
- Depart historic Renmark
- Experience the excitement of navigating through Lock #5 at Renmark , Lock #4 at Bookpurnong, Lock #3 at Overland Corner, Lock #2 at Waikerie, and Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit The Village Historic Loxton and Kaesler’s Landing Museum
- Riverland food and wine tasting
- Visit Cobdogla Irrigation and Steam Museum with the world’s only Humphrey Pump in working order
- Visit the township of Waikerie and the Waikerie Machinery Preservation Museum
- Tour the gardens and orchards and visit the cellar door at Caudo Vineyard
- Guided walking tour of the Morgan township
- Guided walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry)
- Big Bend towering sandstone cliffs
- Sunnydale Woolshed Show and Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a Riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Optional Nocturnal Tour at Sunnydale in a comfortable purpose built cart (additional cost)
- Optional Bush Tucker Breakfast (additional cost)
- Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites
- Scenic tender boat ride
Our standard cruise inclusions still apply to this cruise.
Itineraries are subject to change. Regardless of the itinerary the cruises will be seven nights duration. Coach transfers will be amended accordingly should the itinerary change.