Cruise Departs Thursday 23rd December 2021
Celebrate Christmas on board the Murray Princess on what will be a very special 7 night Special Event Christmas Cruise.
Along the way you’ll see a great variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroo’s and many of about 350 bird species that inhabit the Riverland region in South Australia. Highlights include a vineyard tour and wine tasting at a local cellar door, an Aussie barbecue beside the river, visit a wildlife shelter and a guided walk through one of Australia’s most significant aboriginal archaeological sites.
Christmas Cruise Highlights:
- Explore the township of Murray Bridge or take a tour of the historic Roundhouse
- Optional Monarto Safari Park Wildlife Tour on Saturday departing Murray Bridge (additional cost)
- Riverland food & wine tasting (A tasting of 2 Reds & 2 White wines & local produce)
- Guided nature walk at Salt Bush Flat
- Traditional South Australian Christmas Lunch & a visit by Santa on Christmas Day (25th December 2020)
- Enjoy a Mystery Day Tour departing Mannum
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown
- Visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry)
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show and go to the Native Wildlife Shelter
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional - extra cost)
- Big Bend towering sandstone cliffs
- Explore Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride
- Christmas themed activities, festivities & carols
- PLUS a FREE mystery day tour included
This is a Special Event Cruise Itinerary and is subject to change without notice.