4 Night Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise
This cruise takes you north on the great Murray River from the historic river port of Mannum to Blanchetown. Follow in the wake of great Australian pioneers on a 4 night cruise along the outback river highway. Experience the magic and majesty of the spectacular scenery from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Along the way, you’ll see a great variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroos and many of the 350 bird species that inhabit the riverlands. Highlights include a visit to a vineyard and wine tasting at a cellar door, visit a typical Australian farm, woolshed and wildlife shelter, enjoy an Aussie barbecue beside the river and visit an aboriginal archaeological site.
About The Cruise
While on the 4 Night Outback Heritage Cruise, you'll have the opportunity to...
- Visit historic Mannum.
- Cruise through Lock #1 at Blanchetown.
- Tour the vineyard and visit the cellar door at Burk Salter Boutique Winery.
- Take a guided walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (Gold coin donation at entry).
- See the towering sandstone cliffs at the Big Bend.
- Watch the Sunnydale Woolshed Show & go to the Native Wildlife Shelter.
- Enjoy a riverside Aussie Barbecue.
- Go on a Nocturnal Tour in a comfortable purpose built cart where you may see kangaroos, wombats, foxes, bats and owls (optional - extra cost).
- Enjoy a Bush Tucker Breakfast (optional - extra cost).
- Explore the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites with an expert local guide.
- Delight in a scenic tender boat ride.
While on board, you'll enjoy...
- Relaxing in one of the two lounges, with spectacular scenery views.
- Hanging out on the Sun Deck at the top of the vessel.
- Buffet breakfasts each morning.
- Delicious buffet and a la carte lunches.
- Dining each evening with fellow passengers.
- The Captain's Dinner and Dance.
- Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour (optional - extra cost).
Download a copy of the Sample Menus. Do you have special dietary requirements? Our crew can cater for most dietary requirements with advance notice.
What is not included
- Cruise fares exclude drinks, optional tours & services.
*$1099 price is based on the Off-Peak Early Booking Saver (EBS) Fares for bookings made up to 60 days prior to departure. This fare is based on an inside cabin with 2 single beds. Please refer to the Early Booking Saver Fare Conditions and Cruise Prices for further information.
- Departs Adelaide
- All meals (buffet & a la carte)
- An exciting selection of onshore tours
- Guided nature walks & eco-excursions
- Onboard presentations
- Use of spa, sauna & gym
- Captain’s Spectacular Buffet Dinner
- Live entertainment
- 24 hour self-service tea & coffee bar
- Complimentary scenic coach transfers from Adelaide or car parking in Mannum (bookings essential)
3 Night Murray River Discovery Cruise From AU$803pp*
Indulge in a long weekend where you'll discover the beautiful lower riverlands, between Walker Flat and Murray Bridge aboard the paddlewheeler PS Murray Princess. You'll cruise through spectacular riverlands and enjoy the great variety of flora and fauna. You'll take a nature walk, get up close to the river birdlife on board the ‘Dragon-Fly’ flat-bottomed boat, visit the township of Murray Bridge and learn about the food and wine of this famous region.More Info
7 Night Murraylands & Wildlife Cruise From AU$1639pp*
Discover the dramatic South Australian outback on a cruise along Australia’s great inland highway. This seven night cruise is a unique historic and nature based adventure through ancient gorges and red gum forests, past towering sandstone cliffs and exploring historic ports, local vineyards and nature trails. Enjoy leisurely cruising 320 kilometres of the heart of the great Murray River between Blanchetown and Murray Bridge and take in the breathtaking Riverland. On the grand paddlewheel vessel the PS Murray Princess, you will experience a great variety of sights and sounds of river life, the beauty of its ever-changing landscape, visit historic places and indigenous sites, enjoy a woolshed and station experience and follow the region’s food and wine trail.
This cruise also includes a complimentary coach tour to the famous Barossa and its wineries.More Info
7 Night Upper Murraylands Cruise From AU$1902pp*
NEW IN 2017!
Discover the delights from Mannum to Morgan in our new cruising option for travel. Highlights include cellar door tastings at Caudo Vineyard, a visit to well-known Banrock Station Wine and Wetland Centre, guided walks around historic towns, an Aussie barbecue beside the river; a visit to a wildlife shelter, sheep shearing demonstration and a guided walk through one of Australia’s most significant aboriginal archaeological sites at Ngaut Ngaut Conservation Park.More Info